As I’m sure most of you know the Ticks are out in force! It’s gonna be a bad season. The best way to prevent infestation is to get them groomed and brushed out good so you can find the pesky critters better, then follow up with your vet recommended tick treatment. Better safe than sorry.
Here are some more tips from the CDC website:
- Check your pets for ticks daily, especially after they spend time outdoors.
- If you find a tick on your dog, remove it right away.
- Ask your veterinarian to conduct a tick check at each exam.
- Talk to your veterinarian about tickborne diseases in your area.
- Reduce tick habitat in your yard.
- Talk with your veterinarian about using tick preventives on your pet.